servicespartnersblogmeetcontact

Monday, April 11, 2011

23 Weeks

For those of you who live in Chicago, I don't need to tell you what an amazing weekend we had! The near record high on Sunday gave everyone a taste of summer. If expectant moms are anything like me, I was also given a taste of "cankles". A combination of the heat and my weight gain made my feet, ankles, and fingers swell very quickly. Some swelling of your feet and hands during pregnancy is normal, whether it is mid-August or mid-January. To limit the swelling, drink plenty of water through out the day, limit salt intake, and put your feet up throughout the day. When sleeping, experts suggest sleeping on your left side after 4 months to maximize the circulation to you and your baby. However, if you notice extreme swelling in your face, hands, or feet, please contact your doctor immediately as this can be a sign of something more serious. Warmer weather also gave me a chance to go on a long walk outside with my family. Walking is my exercise of choice after 4 months but I love to indulge in a prenatal yoga class when time allows. Your hospital is an excellent resource for prenatal-approved pilates, yoga, and aerobics classes. Check out your hospital's website for details! All the best from Baby Blueprint! Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment